OSH Forum at Geneva Health Forum
The Geneva Health Forum is the forum that brings together key actors to help find solutions to global health challenges. Created in 2006, it is organized by the Geneva University Hospitals and the University of Geneva in partnership with 30 global multisectoral organizations, with the overall goal to contribute to improving health and care access in the world.
OSH Forum session at the Geneva Health Forum
Implementing the One Health approach: what is being done?
Date: 4th May, 2022 14:30 – 15:30 (GMT+1)
As defined by the One Health High Level Expert Panel, coordinated by the Tripartite Plus, One Health is an integrated, unifying approach that aims to sustainably balance and optimize the health of people, animals and ecosystems. The implementation of this transversal approach to tackle contemporary and future health emergencies, but also to promote better health, requires the collaboration of stakeholders from the public and private sectors, from multilateral organisations and, even more importantly, to local communities.
While highlighting the core role of health in the implementation of the UN 2030 SDGs and beyond, the One Sustainable Health Forum aims to produce concrete recommendations for the operationalisation of the One Health approach through a transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral framework, including experts and organisations. Here, members of the International Working Groups (IWG), launched in July 2021, will offer insight on what is being done in this field with the objective of proposing a progressive pathway towards the sustainable implementation of the One Health approach.
Discover our pannel !
- Benoit MIRIBEL - OSH Forum Secretary General - Opening
- Natalia CEDIEL BECERRA - La Salle University & Member of the OHHLEP - Overview
- Armelle HÉBERT - SciencesPo - IWG1
- Namukolo COVIC - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) - IWG 2
- Amandine GAUTIER - VetAgroSup - IWG 3
- Hélène DELISLE - Université de Montréal - IWG 4
- Rhoda WANYENZE - Makerere University School of Public Health - IWG 5
- Juan LUBTROTH - Lubtroth One Health Consultancies & Lancet One Health Commission - IWG 6
- Chris WALZER - Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) - Synthesis
- Benoit MIRIBEL - OSH Forum Secretary General - Closing
Fill our registration form to follow our news on the session and have a reminder when the replay is out !
To assist to the session in direct, you have to register to the Geneva Health Forum. The Geneva Health Forum has fees for in person and virtual paricipation to their forum. For more information, consult their website.